Divine Library is a free online public library that includes free eBook downloads and free audio books.
We work with New Thought Seekers and Sharers around the world
insuring that all New Thought Texts in the Public Domain
are available for you to read on the web for free, forever!
"Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit."
~ 2 Corinthians 2:17
Navigate through this book by clicking Next Page or Previous
Page below the text of the page & jump directly to chapters using the chapter numbers above the text.
Serving New Thought is pleased to present
William Walker Atkinson's
Thought - Vibration or The Law of Attraction in the Thought World
Book page numbers, along with the number to the left of the .htm extension match the page numbers of the original books to ensure easy use in citations for research papers and books
My Working Creed -
Law of Attraction in the Thought World -
Thought Waves and Their Process of Reproduction -
A Talk About The Mind -
Mind Building -
Secret of the Will -
How to Become Immune to Injurious Thought Attraction -
Transmutation of Negative Thought -
Law of Mental Control -
Asserting the Life-Force -
Training the Habit-Mind -
Psychology of Emotion -
Developing New Brain Cells -
Attractive Power - Desire Force -
Great Dynamic Forces -
Claiming Your Own -
Law, Not Chance -
Preface - by Franklin Berry - In which we learn something of the author and how the book was born. - 000e
Foreword - In which the author has a word to say about "teachers" and "disciples," himself included. - 000o
- My Working Creed - The "I believe" of the author. - 000x
- Chapter I - The Law of Attraction in the Thought World - p. 1
- One great Law --- Thought a manifestation of Energy -- Thought Vibration --- Vibrations of light and heat differ solely in rate of vibration --- Human brain only instrument capable of registering thought-waves --- Experiments in telepathy prove the law of thought attraction --- Like attracts like in the Thought-world --- The wireless telegraphy of the mind --- A field of energy with established laws.
- Chapter II - Thought Waves and Their Process of Reproduction - p. 10
- How thought waves traverse the sea of Mind - The power possessed of reproducing themselves --- Vibrations which affect us --- Those which do not --- Why? --- We are what we have thought ourselves into being --- The agency of others' thoughts in shaping our destiny --- The working of the Law of Attraction illustrated by the Marconi wireless instruments --- The Mind has many degrees of pitch --- Positive thought --- Negative thought --- We are positive to some, negative to others --- A knowledge of Mental Law and changes from negative to positive ---
More people on negative plane than on positive plane --- Consequently more negative thought vibration --- How to counterbalance them --- Affirmations and auto suggestions, and their uses --- Establishing new mental attitude --- Development of the Will --- A hypertension not at all times desirable --- Advantage of changing from positive to receptive, at will.
- Chapter III - A Talk About The Mind - p. 21
- Man has but one Mind --- Functions along two lines of mental effort --- Passive effort often result of vibratory impulses imparted in ages long past --- Active effort newborn --- Thought impulse and motion impulse result of Active effort --- Active function creates, Passive function obeys orders and suggestions --- Active function sends forth vibrations --- The fourth of Habit --- Appetency --- The impulse of the Primal Cause --- "Life-force" --- Mental Culture and Mental Development, two different things --- The amenability of the Mind to the Will --- The Will the outward manifestation of the I AM --- The attraction of The ABSOLUTE --- The real Man the master --- Active and Passive functions but tools.
- Chapter IV - Mind Building - p. 30
- The Power of Man --- Unconscious mind building --- The "I," the sovereign of the Mind --- The Universal Will --- The mastery of the Lower Self --- The mental misgoverned by irresponsible faculties --- The reestablishment of order in the mental kingdom --- The first battle --- The conquest of the Lesser Self by the Real Self --- Affirmation and exercise.
- Chapter V - The Secret of the Will - p. 36
- The Will Power and this capability of being developed, disciplined, controlled and directed --- Every man the possessor, potentially, of a strong will --- The great powerhouse of the Universal Will Power --- Will does not need training, but Mind does --- Mind, the instrument ---- Mentally lazy people --- Strong will follows strong desire --- The price of
attainment --- The real test --- The secret of the development of the Will --- Auto-suggestion and exercise.
- Chapter VI - How to Become Immune to Injurious Thought Attraction - p. 43
- The first thing to do --- Fear thought --- Strong expectancy a powerful magnet --- The man who fears --- How to overcome the habit of Fear --- A waste of time to fight negative thought by denying it --- The right mental attitude --- Setting new vibrations in motion --- The conquest of Fear the first important step --- The positive will prevail.
- Chapter VII - The Transmutation of Negative Thought - p. 50
- Worry the child of Fear --- The motive underlying action --- The causes that result in Success --- How Desire acts --- Worry negative and death producing --- Desire and Ambition positive and life producing --- The transmutation of Worry --- Getting into harmony with the right thought waves --- Setting in motion the Law of Attraction --- Fear paralyzes Desire --- Once rid of it, difficulty melts away --- The working of a mighty Law --- The things we worry about --- Thngs just themselves --- The storing up of energy --- Where are the feared things? --- Better ways of overcoming objectionable thought than by fighting them.
- Chapter VIII - The Law of Mental Control - p. 59
- Thoughts either faithful servants or tyrannical masters --- Some of our best mental work performed for us when our conscious mentality is at rest --- The key to the mystery --- The man who understands how to run his mental engine --- " Slowing down" the Mind.
- Chapter IX - Asserting the Life-Force - p. 62
- A general awakening needed --- Let Life flow through us, manifesting in thought, word, deed --- The expression
of conscious life --- Affirmation and Exercise.
- Chapter X - Training the Habit-Mind - p. 66
- The subconscious mind --- Importance of transmitting proper impulses --- Automatic habits --- "Which of these two things shall I do?" --- Forming a new habit --- Breaking an old one --- The "just once" idea --- The Mind a piece of paper --- Mental creases.
- Chapter XI - The Psychology of Emotion - p. 70
- Emotions dependent largely upon habit --- May be repressed, increased, developed, changed --- When the master and undesirable emotion --- Jealousy --- Its growth --- Rage --- The habit of feeling and acting "mean" --- Worry --- Continued thought manifests an action --- "Fault-finding --- The chronic "nagger" --- Negative emotions and their recurrence --- How to choke out of these habit.
- Chapter XII - Developing New Brain Cells - p. 76
- Undesirable dates of feeling --- We are not the creatures of our motions --- the majority of the race so governed to a great degree --- Man the real muster of his emotions --- The development of new brain cells --- The disuse of old brain cells with undesirable manifestations --- The brain, the organ and instrument of the Mind --- Our tendencies, temperament and predispositions --- The millions of unused brain cells --- Mental attitudes acquired or discarded at will --- The mind clears the way for thoughts good for the individual, interposes resistance to those which are harmful --- One positive thought will counteract a number of negative thoughts --- "Holding the thought" How to cultivate a certain habit of action --- Ridding oneself of a mental trait.
- Chapter XIII - The Attractive Power - Desire Force - p. 84
- Mental Leaks --- The man or woman in search of success --- When Mental Force operates best --- The Mind
works on the subconscious plane along the line of the ruling passion or desire --- Scattering thought forces --- Getting out of the current of attraction --- My personal experience --- "Love" at the bottom of the whole of life --- The so-called "chemical affinities" --- Desire a manifestation of this Universal Life Love.
- Chapter XIV - The Great Dynamic Forces - p. 90
- The difference between the successful strongmen and the unsuccessful week man --- Energy and Invincible Determination --- Energy not rare --- Wasted nerve-force --- The Human Will --- A great dynamic force --- The people who have "arrived" --- Are they "ordinary," after all? --- Made of the stuff of those about them --- Wherein does their greatness lie? --- Belief in themselves --- The right use of material --- The "trick" of greatness --- The good things locked up in your mind --- The inexhaustible supply.
- Chapter XV - Claiming Your Own - p. 98
- Nothing too good for you --- Your direct inheritance --- Great things lost for want of asking --- The Law take you in earnest --- You are a manifestation of the Whole Thing --- You must first awaken to a realized nation that you are merely asking for "your own" --- The Law will do its work --- The hypnotism of "humility" --- The great things in the Cosmos which await your coming of age --- The playthings of life --- Our game tasks --- the difference between the Master of Circumstances and the Slave of Circumstances.
- Chapter XVI - Law, Not Chance - p. 107
- The Attractive Power of Thought --- "A matter of luck" --- A magnificent illustration of the Law of Attraction --- A strong belief as efficacious as a strong wish --- The man who "gets there" --- The man who fails --- No such thing as Chance --- Law everywhere ---- Plan and purpose; cause and effect ---- The right vibration --- Getting into the current.
- ADS - p. 113
PREVIOUS PAGE -